Situate Me Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
WHO DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We collect different categories of personal information from:
- the people authorised by our customers to access our services (Authorised Users);
- people who use our services to interact with our customer or the Authorised Users (End Users); and
- other individuals who use the public areas of our Website or otherwise contact us (Visitors).
Information you give us
When Authorised Users or End Users use our services, or when Visitors access the Website, they may provide us with personal information. For example, when you register for an account, upload information on the Services, interact with other users through the services, or send us customer service requests.
Examples of such information includes names, email address, residential address, phone numbers and geographical locations.
Information that others give us
Where reasonably practical we aim to collect information directly from the person who is the subject of the personal information. However:
- Authorised Users or End Users may enter personal information about someone else; and
- our customers may authorise an integration between our services and their own services (or a third-party service), and that integrated service may make information available to us.
Any person that provides us with personal information about someone else, or authorising an integration with our services, must ensure that they are authorised to disclose the information to us in accordance with applicable data protection or privacy laws.
We may also obtain information from publically viewable sources.
Information we observe
Similar to other services, when an Authorised User, End User, or Visitor uses our services or Website we may automatically record certain information from persons device by using various types of technology, including cookies, pixels or web beacons.
Examples include IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites visited, the pages or other content viewed or interacted with on our services or Website, dates and times. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding a person’s interaction with our email messages.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Authorised Users and our customers, when as an End User you interact with our services
- our customer’s services or any third-party services where our customer has authorised an integration with our services
- another company within our group
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you
- a business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. This includes, for example, firewalls, encryption data transfers, password protection and other access and authentication controls.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.